Friday 26 July 2013

Lemon Rice with Leftover Rice/ Within 30 Minutes/ Kids Special

Lemon Rice with Leftover Rice/
Within 30 Minutes/
Kids Special 

Hi Friends,
I am here with a south Indian dish which i tried lots of time but never get the right tasteTruly speaking i never ate lemon rice but when i introduced to blogging world then i came to know lot about South Indian cooking. I saw so many mouthwatering lemon rice recipes and can taste and smell the shining nutty and lemony beauty. But whenever i tried i never get that taste which bite i can feel yes this is called Lemon Rice. I made it with leftover rice. So it took me hardly 5-10 minutes to make this. If you boil the rice specially to make fresh lemon rice then it will take hardly 20-25 to make them so i will include this post to within 30 minutes category.
Yesterday night i tried and kept it simple and took most of the ingredients right exact 1 tsp of urad daal as i was not having in hand. I am sure it will make it more crunchy and tasty.  I made it with lot of care and when i tasted it after taking lots of shots my heart said YES this is called Lemon Rice. My daughter also enjoyed it. I can imagine if these will be made with freshly boiled rice it will taste awesome. I will surely make it again with freshly boiled rice. We liked it a lot. Hope you will like it too.
My all South Indian Food Bloggers and readers please correct me if i went wrong somewhere to make this delicacy.


Ingredients:-

Boiled Rice- 1 cup
Mustered Seeds- 1/2 tsp
Peanuts- 1 tsp
Cashew nuts-1 tsp broken roughly
Curry leaves- 3-4
Turmeric pdr-1/2 tsp
Slat- 1/2 tsp
Lemon - half

Method:-
Ingredients

Heat oil in a kadai

fry peanuts in it

remove in a plate

fry cashew nuts


 remove in a plate

now in the same oil add mustered seeds

now curry leaves

add boiled rice

add salt and turmeric

Mix them well

add fried peanuts and cashew nuts

mix them well and switch the flame off

Now add juice of half lemon

Toss it well 

READY TO SERVE

My mouth started watering again

I love this vibrant colour




NUTTY TANGY SOFT DELICACY

 YUM YUM


Notes:-

  1. You can use leftover rice for making this but fresh rice will give it a unique taste.
  2. Keep everything ready before started cooking as you need to do everything quickly after you start heating oil
  3. You can add 1 tsp chana or urad daal in tampering to give it a nice crunch.
  4. You can also add 1-2 tsp grated coconut in it. 


HOPE YOU WILL LIKE IT

Love

PariCash

1 comment:

  1. Delicious lemon rice love that color,I packed lunch box with lemon rice atleast once a week.

    ReplyDelete